Ready to apply for a marriage license? First, get started bycompleting the online application. This will save time and expedite the process before you visit us in person. Once you have completed your online application, visit us in person at any of our branch offices in Arapahoe County.
Full-Service Marriage License
We are now offering full-service marriage licenses at each of our branch locations. Apply for, obtain and record your marriage license at a location that is most convenient for you:
Timeline to Apply
A Marriage License may be issued in any Colorado county and used in any county in the state. Applicants do not need to be residents of Colorado (except in the case of a proxy marriage.) A marriage license is issued the day it is applied for and may be used immediately. The license must be signed within 35 days from the date of issue, and returned for recording within 63 days of marriage to our Littleton office only.
A marriage may be solemnized by judges, retired judges, magistrates, Indian tribe officials and clergy, or by the couple themselves. A friend or relative may notsolemnize the marriage unless they are a judge or clergy.
- The legal age to marry without parental consent is 18 years of age.
- Any party to a marriage that is 16 or 17 years old must obtain judicial approval prior to being issued a marriage license. The court will appoint a Guardian Ad Litem for the underage party and direct the Guardian Ad Litem to investigate the best interests of the underage party.
- Any party that is 15 years old or younger is not able to obtain a marriage license.
Steps to a Marriage License
All applicants must follow these three steps to apply for, complete and record their marriage license:
STEP ONE: Apply for a Marriage License
Learn about the requirements and what to bring to apply for a marriage license.
STEP TWO: Complete Your Marriage License and Certificate
After you have applied for and received a marriage license and certificate, follow these instructions to properly complete the certificate at your marriage.
STEP THREE: Record Your Marriage License
You must return the completed marriage license and certificate for recording to any of our branch offices within 63 days of the marriage. Branch locations:
- Aurora, 490 S Chambers Rd, Aurora, CO 80017
- Byers, 538 US-36, Byers, CO 80103
- Centennial, 6954 S Lima St, Centennial, CO 80112
- Littleton, 5334 S Prince St, Littleton, CO 80120
Who Can Marry Us?
A marriage may be solemnized by judges, retired judges, magistrates, Indian tribe officials and clergy, or by the couple themselves.
If you wish to be married by a court judge, please call for wedding information:
- 18th Judicial District Court in Centennial, 303-649-6355 (press any case type)
- Arapahoe County Court in Littleton at 303-649-6355 (press option 9)
- Aurora Municipal Court in Aurora at 303-739-6535
Search for Marriage License
You may search for recorded marriage licenses using our online Document Search for documents dating back to Feb. 1, 1996. Visit our office at the County Administration Building to find marriage licenses dating back to 1902.