April 16 Public Hearing
Adoption of Appendix M: In-home day care
Arapahoe County is proposing to amend the Arapahoe County Building Code to adopt Appendix M of the 2015 International Residential Code for family child care residential homes licensed for daycare for up to 12 children pursuant to a State license.
- Appendix M addresses means of egress and smoke detection requirements for Group R-3 Occupancies for home day cares with more than five children receiving custodial care for less than 24 hours.
- Appendix M, with modifications, would establish a maximum capacity for family child care homes with twelve children before fire suppression is required. With this adoption, smoke and carbon monoxide detection must be monitored by a third party monitoring service for such family child care homes licensed and inspected by the State of Colorado in accordance with applicable State regulations.
- Adoption of Appendix M, along with these amendments, will provide an additional factor of safety.
The mission of the Building Division is to provide quality customer service in a timely and courteous manner, to enforce adopted codes in a professional and unbiased manner and to earn the respect of the citizens we serve.
- Building Guidelines and Handouts
- Building Permits Online
- Building Permit Application and Fees
- Public Works On Call
On August 30, 2016 the Board of County Commissioners voted to amend the County Building Codes, by adopting several of the 2015 International Codes along with applicable amendments, effective October 1, 2016.
A copy of the adopted codes and amendments are available for viewing at the following link:
Adopted Building Codes and Amendments - Effective October 1, 2016