Arapahoe County provides grants to human services, health and wellness and crisis intervention organizations serving the county’s
at-risk and under-served population.
For more information, please contact Beverly Head in the Board of County Commissioners Administration Office at 303-734-5459
or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Guide is intended to assist Agencies through Arapahoe County’s Grant process.
* All applications must be submitted electronically.
- All agencies must be a 501(C) 3 or a 501 (C) tax-exempt organization.
- Services must be available and targeted to residents from all geographic areas of Arapahoe County.
- Agency services are to be provided to Arapahoe County residents in conformance with federal, state and local human rights
- Funds cannot be used for religious or political services.
- Funded agencies are to submit an annual report to the Board of County Commissioners.
- Failure to follow the grant application process could eliminate the agency from consideration.
- The agency should have a long-term goal to establish self sufficiency.
- There is no guarantee an applying agency will receive a grant.
- Arapahoe County does not knowingly support organizations that discriminate in their services based on race, color, religious
affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, physical appearance, national origin, language, educational background,
or veteran status.
- If the application is approved, a grant award notification stating the duration of the award, the dollar amount, and a program
contact will be sent in December. The agency also will receive requirements that must be followed throughout the funded year.
- Other available sources of income will be considered in the approval process.
- Some limitation may be place on projects of a similar nature designed to meet the same needs.
- Attention will be given to projects designed to meet the needs of Arapahoe County citizens or which demonstrably provide benefit
to the local community.
- For those organizations with a budget of $20,000 and over, a copy of the most recent financial statements and audit must be
included with the application. Those organizations with a budget under $20,000 should submit a record of income and expenses
for the previous year with a copy of a check register.
- All applications must be signed by an authorized representative.
- Incomplete applications will be scored accordingly.
Requirements of Grant Recipients:
- Grant funds may only be used for the intended purpose as outlined in the Grant Application.
- Services provided must be the same as outlined in the Grant Application.
- Submit the following documents following grant notification:
- Proof of liability insurance.
- A performance audit and quantitative statement as to the actual level of services provided by the agency during the previous
- Proof of the agency’s non-profit status.
- Three signed and notarized copies of the grant agreement.