The Weatherization Assistance program provides income-eligible households in Adams and Arapahoe Counties with free conservation measures to help them conserve energy and save money on heating and cooling bills.
Weatherization is a process of installing energy conservation measures and energy-efficient appliance upgradesin a home to achieve long-term energy and cost-savings. Weatherization can also improve the comfort of a home by helping to
moderate indoor temperatures during the changing seasons.
Families who have weatherized their homes tell us they save anywhere from 10 to 30% on their energy usage.
1. Energy Audit: Our certified auditors start with a free energy audit of your home to identify conservation measures that will make your
home more energy efficient.
2. Work Plan: Based on the information obtained during the audit, we will create a work plan of services that will offer the best long-range
benefits to make your home more energy-efficient and produce cost-savings.
3. Weatherization: Our team of qualified weatherization technicians will come to your home and provide weatherization services that may include:
- Sealing major air leaks;
- Adding insulation to attics, walls and crawl spaces;
- Performing health and safety assessments on furnaces and water heaters;
- Making necessary repairs to furnaces and water heaters;
- Replacing appliances with high efficiency appliances; and,
- Installing high-efficiency compact fluorescent light bulbs.
4. Education: Our team will also provide tips and information on steps that your household can take to conserve more energy in all seasons.
5. Inspection: Once the work is complete, our inspector will review the home and conduct a final energy audit to determine the impacts of
the installed energy conservation measures.
The program can weatherize owner-occupied homes and rental properties, including single-family houses, mobile homes and multi-family units up to a four-plex. Weatherization
is a one-time service.
All services and materials are provided at no cost to eligible families through Arapahoe County’s Weatherization Division.
Our well-trained county employees and subcontractors, who perform the energy audit, inspection and weatherization services
in the homes of residents, are required to undergo a background check before joining our team.
To be eligible for weatherization services, residents must live in Arapahoe or Adams County and either:
1) be receiving benefits from one of the following assistance programs, OR
2) meet the following household income guidelines:
Income Eligibility OR Program Eligibility
Household Size Income Limit
1 $21,660 Aid to the Needy Disabled (AND)
2 $29,140 Colorado Works (TANF)
3 $36,620 LEAP
4 $44,100 Old Age Pension
5 $51,580 Supplemental Security Income
How Do I Apply for Services?
Income-eligible residents of Arapahoe or Adams County must complete and submit the basic application to the Arapahoe County
Weatherization Division for services. Please download the application using the link below, or contact us to request that
an application be sent to you.
Arapahoe County Weatherization Division
907 Salida Way
Aurora, CO 80011
*Funding for weatherization services provided by the Colorado Governor’s Energy Office and the U.S. Department of Energy Denver
Regional Office. Said funding does not constitute the endorsement of these offices on the views expressed on this web page.For more information, please call the Governor’s Energy Office at 1-800-632-6662 or visit www.colorado.gov/energy.