The Weatherization Division provides income-eligible households in Adams and Arapahoe Counties with free conservation measures to help them conserve energy and save money on heating and cooling bills.
Weatherization is a process of installing energy conservation measures and energy-efficient appliance upgradesin a home to achieve long-term energy and cost-savings. Weatherization can also improve the comfort of a home by helping to
moderate indoor temperatures during the changing seasons.
Families who have weatherized their homes tell us they save anywhere from 10 to 30% on their energy usage.
1. Energy Audit: Our certified auditors start with a free energy audit of your home to identify conservation measures that will make your
home more energy efficient.
2. Work Plan: Based on the information obtained during the audit, we will create a work plan of services that will offer the best long-range
benefits to make your home more energy-efficient and produce cost-savings.
3. Weatherization: Our team of qualified weatherization technicians will come to your home and provide weatherization services that may include:
- Sealing major air leaks;
- Adding insulation to attics, walls and crawl spaces;
- Performing health and safety assessments on furnaces and water heaters;
- Replacing appliances with high efficiency appliances; and,
- Installing high-efficiency compact fluorescent light bulbs.
4. Education: Our team will also provide tips and information on steps that your household can take to conserve more energy in all seasons.
5. Inspection: Once the work is complete, our inspector will review the home and conduct a final energy audit to determine the impacts of
the installed energy conservation measures.
The program can weatherize owner-occupied homes and rental properties, including single-family houses, mobile homes and multi-family units up to a four-plex. Weatherization
is a one-time service.
All services and materials are provided at no cost to eligible families through Arapahoe County’s Weatherization Division.
Our well-trained county employees and subcontractors, who perform the energy audit, inspection and weatherization services
in the homes of residents, are required to undergo a background check before joining our team.
To be eligible for weatherization services, residents must live in Arapahoe or Adams County and either:
1) be receiving benefits from one of the following assistance programs, OR
2) meet the following household gross annual income guidelines: (Revised 1/24/13)
Income Eligibility OR Program Eligibility
Household Size Income Limit
1 $22,980 Aid to the Needy Disabled (AND)
2 $31,020 Colorado Works (TANF)
3 $39,060 LEAP
4 $47,100 Old Age Pension
5 $55,140 Supplemental Security Income
For each additional person, add $8,040
How Do I Apply for Services?
Income-eligible residents of Arapahoe or Adams County must complete and submit the basic application to the Arapahoe County
Weatherization Division for services. Please download the application using the link below, or contact us at 303-636-1982
to request that an application be sent to you. Then please mail the completed application to our office at the address that
appears on the left.
*Funding for weatherization services provided by the Colorado Energy Office and the U.S. Department of Energy Denver Regional
Office. For more information, please call 1-800-632-6662 or visit www.colorado.gov/energy.