What is the Foreclosure Timeline?
A foreclosure occurs when the property owner defaults on the recorded Deed of Trust. Once the lender and attorney have complied
with Colorado law concerning contacting of the property owner, the attorney submits foreclosure documents to the Public Trustee.
- Notice of Election and Demand recorded within 10 business days of receiving packet from the lender’s attorney.
- Sale date is set between 110-125 calendar days after the NED was recorded.
- Combined Notice is mailed within 20 calendar days after the NED was recorded.
- Another Combined Notice is mailed with 45-60 calendar days prior to first scheduled sale date.
- Combined Notice published in local paper 45-60 calendar days prior to the first scheduled sale date.
- Notice of Intent to Cure must be received at least 15 calendar days prior to the first scheduled sale date. The cure, in the form of a cashier’s check, must be paid by noon the day before
- 2008-after: The court order authorizing the sale and the signed and itemized bid must be received by noon two (2) business days prior to sale day.
- Prior to 2008: The court order authorizing the sale must be received by noon the day before the sale.
- The Pre-sale List is made available on line or in our office by 3:00 p.m. two days prior to the sale date.
- The sale is conducted at the Arapahoe County Administration Building, East Hearing Room at 10:00 a.m.
- The Post-Sale List is made available on line or in our office by 1:00 p.m. on the day of sale.
- The Certificate of Purchase is recorded within five (5) business days. A copy can be obtained through the Public Trustee web site.
- A Notice of Intent to Redeem must be filed by a junior lien holder within eight (8) business days after the sale. Foreclosures started in 2008 and after do not allow for owner redemption.
- The Public Trustee Confirmation Deed may be requested when all redemption periods have ended. 2010 and after request deed on the ninth business day after sale. 2009 and prior the Confirmation Deed be requested after the fifteenth business day after sale.