|Arapahoe County Government
|13101 Broncos Parkway
|Centennial, CO 80112
Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office Detention Facility Mail Procedures
The following are general mail rules:
- All incoming mail will be inspected
- Mail is processed and distributed Monday through Friday excluding Holidays
- Inmates may receive incoming mail, sealed letters from family and friends, groups of persons and organizations, including,
but not limited to the following:
- Courts, counsel, officials of the jail, government officials, administrators of the grievance systems, medical officials and
members of the parole authority.
- Non Legal envelopes over 8” (inches) x 10” (inches), packages, boxes. books, magazines, and other similar items are considered
parcels will not be accepted without pre-approval.
Please use the following address to send an inmate mail:
Inmate Full Name
Inmate Booking Number
P.O. Box 4918
Centennial, CO 80155-4918
Mail will not be accepted and may be rejected under the following conditions, including but not limited to:
- Mail containing items or a reasonable suspicion that the correspondence may contain;
- Photographs or pictures over 4” x 6”
- Stationary to include: return postage paid envelopes, homemade envelopes, blank stationery, stamps, etc.
- Any food items
- Any type of contraband
- Infectious/hazardous materials
- Heavy paper stock, plastic cards, business cards, stickers, brochures, catalogs, newsletters, pamphlets, or sales paraphernalia.
- Newspaper articles and pages from books or magazines and photocopies.
- Payroll checks, Personal checks, Third party checks
- Papers with non postage materials to include: oils, chemicals, glitter, lipstick, liquid or foreign matter and fragrance
- Materials depicting sexual activity or displaying male/female genitalia or females breasts or sexually explicit articles
- Material that would, if communicated create a danger to the security of the facility, to include but is not limited to gang
related activity, gang graffiti, tagging, gang related materials, witness tampering, or any codes not understood by the scanner
- Material that may cause a severe psychiatric or emotional disturbance or distress as determined by staff
- Information or materials, which if communicated, could create serious danger, promote racial discord, plans for criminal activity,
violence, and/or harm to any person, the community, or disrupt the operation and/or safety of the facility or violate any
- Mail containing drawings or writings made of colored crayons, colored pencils, markers or other foreign substances.
- Banking, financial and real estate documents or forms, pin numbers or security codes for any financial transactions or devices,
birth and death certificates, social security numbers or cards, credit cards, gift cards, passports, lottery tickets, property
taxes, and real estate transactions etc.
- Instructions for construction or manufacture of weapons , explosives, incendiary devices, drugs, drug paraphernalia or alcoholic
- Insufficient postage
- Incomplete return address, that does not contain a full name, mailing address, city., state, and zip code
- Violation of any court orders that include but are not limited to no protection orders, restraining orders and/or no-contact